During the Global pandemic we developed a Remote Learning offer. This allowed us to offer a blended learning model, which consisted of a mixture of onsite, and home based learning, when our provision had been reduced or when a learner was not able to access on site provision. This took into account the feedback from our families on what works well and was supportive to the circumstances of our families. It has allowed us to collaboratively develop Remote Learning that is accessible to our learners at home, remains highly personalised and is manageable for our families, whilst continuing to facilitate the progress of our learners towards the EHCP and curriculum outcomes.
This inevitably involved the use of technology, where appropriate, to facilitate both learning and contact with our families and learners to support. Therefore, online safety and privacy has been a strong focus as part of this provision.
Contained on this page, you will find:
- Our Remote Learning policy
- Fact sheets for our different learning pathways, to help parents/carers know what to expect of home learning and the roles that school, the learners and parents/carers need to play
- Links on how to manage security on home devices, plus advice on digital health. **Please click on the following links for more information and advice. - https://swgfl.org.uk/audience/parents/
- - https://nationalonlinesafety.com/guides/youtube-kids
- Social stories and posters to support our learners with how to stay safe online
If you require further information regarding remote learning, please contact our curriculum lead, Lou Doyle.